Our aim is to help support your organisation’s staff, service users, volunteers and wider stakeholders develop their skills and knowledge to better support LGBTQ+ individuals. Our 3 hour LGBTQ+ Awareness Course is accredited CPD and will contribute to staff’s continued professional development.
As well as our accredited training session, we also offer a 2.5 hour Gender Identity Awareness training, which will cover how to support trans, non-binary and gender-non-conforming individuals. Training is suitable for all levels of knowledge on this topic.
LGBTQ+ awareness training will cover:
- Pronouns, how to use them and why they are important
- Local LGBTQ+ statistics for mental health
- The differences between Sexuality, Sex and Gender
- An overview of understanding LGBTQ+ terminology
- Challenging Stereotypes
- Microaggressions and how to tackle them
- The challenges LGBTQ+ people face
- Transgender identities and how to support gender-variant youth
- Legal responsibilities including the Equality Act 2010 and GRA Act 2004
- Tips on how to make your workplace more LGBTQ+ inclusive
We provide a confidential and non-judgemental space where you and your colleagues can ask the questions you feel are most relevant to your working practices.
For experts seeking specific knowledge, we can run specialist topics and speaking engagements on request. Past specialist talks include:
- Improving Mental Health and Wellbeing for LGBTQ+ Communities
- Clinical Practice and Primary Care for Transgender Individuals
- Supporting LGBT+ Children and Young People
- LGBTQ+ Domestic Abuse
At the heart of our trainings is a sincere desire to help you support LGBT+ people and raise your confidence levels. We want to work together to serve our community, so let us know what aspects of our expertise you feel you would benefit from most.
We recommend our standard 3 hour CPD sessions which give you the personal tools you need to support LGBTQ+ individuals and to think about the wider impacts for the organisation. Shorter sessions available on request.
- Our ideal session size is between 5 and 20 participants, with some flexibility.
- Training can be delivered in person at your workplace if within Norfolk & Waveney or remotely via zoom.
Our 3 hour accredited LGBT+ Awareness session can be booked from £395.
For more information plus costs please Contact Us, call 01603 219299 or drop us an email at email@example.com