Our aim is to help support your LGBT+ staff, service users, volunteers, friends and family and communicate a clear message of inclusivity. Our LGBT+ Awareness training sessions help individuals and organisations better support LGBT+ people.
As well as our standard training outline, we tailor and develop sessions to meet the particular needs of you and your team.
Our sessions aim to give you a better understanding of:
- Pronouns, how to use them and why they are important
- The differences between Sexuality, Sex and Gender
- An overview of understanding LGBT+ terminology
- Microaggressions and Stereotypes
- The challenges LGBT+ people face
- Transgender identities and how to support gender-variant youth
- Legal responsibilities including the Equality Act 2010 and GRA Act 2004
- Tips on how to make your workplace more LGBT+ inclusive
Training is suitable for mixed levels of knowledge on this topic, from beginner to intermediate.
We provide a confidential and non-judgemental space where you and your colleagues can ask the questions you feel are most relevant to your working practices and have them answered in full.
See what some of our previous attendees say:
“Exceeded my expectations!”
“Fantastic, excellent content and delivered in a supportive way ensuring no-one felt a question was silly”
“Content was exactly what we all needed to ensure we have the skills and knowledge to support gender variant individuals”
“Informative, thought-provoking and non-judgemental”
“The session was fantastic and created excellent starting points for further conversations”
“Brilliant, relevant and informed. Thank you”
For experts seeking more specific training, we can run more in-depth topics on request, such as:
- Improving Mental Health and Wellbeing for LGBT+ Communities
- Clinical Practice and Primary Care for Transgender Individuals
- Supporting LGBT+ Children and Young People
- LGBT+ Hate Crime
- LGBT+ & Domestic Violence
At the heart of our trainings is a sincere desire to help you support LGBT+ people and raise your confidence levels. We want to work together to serve our community, so let us know what aspects of our expertise you feel you would benefit from most. All participants are awarded a certificate from us on completion of their training session.
Training lengths vary between 1.5 hours and 4 hours (over a couple of sessions) depending on your needs. Due to COVID-19 our training is being provide via Zoom until further notice.
For more information plus costs please Contact Us or call 01603 219299.