Our Educating with Pride Award is an annual service which has been running since 2018, helping schools across Norfolk achieve a high standard of care supporting LGBT+ young people, staff, parents and the wider community.
We work with all learning environments from KS1 to KS5. We do not tell you what to do, but we offer a range of services during our year together focusing on positive inclusion and visibility. We create packages that are bespoke and tailored to suit the needs of your school.
- 1:1 support sessions with pupils.
- Free resources.
- Access to our LGBT+ Workshops.
- Support setting up an LGBT+ group
- Support tackling LGBT+ bullying.
- LGBT+ awareness training for staff.
- Peer education programmes
- How to actively make your school a more inclusive learning environment.
- Join our Educating with Pride Norfolk Network.
Through a year-long process of ongoing support and feedback, schools and colleges are given access to a variety of resources to add to their toolkits.
Your place of education becomes a member of our Educating with Pride Schools Network joining other institutions working with us to achieve their awards:
- Ormiston Venture Academy
- Ormiston Denes Academy
- Thorpe St Andrews School
- Magdalen Gates Primary School
- Flegg High Ormiston Academy
- Long Stratton High School
- Reepham High School
- Coltishall Primary School
- Aylsham High School
- Sprowston Community Academy
- The Bawburgh School
- Hobart High School
- Sewell Park Academy
- The Nicholas Hammond Academy
For more information and costs please Contact Us or Call 01603 219299.
Feedback from our Staff Training Sessions:
“Really useful and extremely informative session. Feel quite embarrassed about how little I actually knew prior to the sessions! Well done Joe for presenting the content of the course in an easy to follow and comfortable manner. I feel more confident now in having much more valuable and ‘correct’ conversations with friends, colleagues, students and their parents/carers going forward. Thank You.”
“Thank you so much for both your fantastic sessions and the resources you have sent. I have found the sessions to be really valuable in helping me to learn how to help young LGBT+ people and feel more confident in the language I am using.”